Switch to full style
This is the place where the majority of the warbird (aircraft that have survived military service) discussions will take place. Specialized forums may be added in the new future
Post a reply

Re: What became of the Greybull museum aircraft?

Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:07 pm

A bunch of the non-museum aircraft are up for auction. Only $1 a piece:

Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:43 pm

I'd love to get a pilot's seat or control wheel out of some of those.

I'd even pick it up from Greybull.
Be a nice roadtrip.

Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:15 am

Ex-Ozark 404 - major cool 8) . My late uncle Tommy Cassibry would've loaded baggage into that one many times at Barkley Regional in Paducah (PAH).

I'm assuming scrappers would be the serious bidders here? Wish I could save the skin with "go <- OZARK" on it. And the C-82 would make a great cabin with a roof put over it - and "Arabco Oil Co." markings...

Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:51 pm

I would assume the engines, and other small resellable parts, have been removed?

Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:30 am

Shame these will all likely be scrapped

Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:38 am

I wonder if the BAHF can use the C-97's for parts. Those bid prices have me day dreaming...

Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:48 am

Wish a C-119 was saved and flown on the circuit by someone. Hard sell I know. But a guy can dream.

Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:12 am

Warbird Kid wrote:Wish a C-119 was saved and flown on the circuit by someone. Hard sell I know. But a guy can dream.

If Hans ever sells the Flight of The Phoenix C-119, it was in very good shape when I flew it..
Post a reply